As we all know breakfast is the most important meal of the day. It is not a good habit to skip breakfast. One should try making some healthy breakfast recipes which is tummy filling and gives you energy throughout the day. Usually, people opt for milk or other beverages for breakfast. But sometimes, we consume food just to make it more filling; people consume oily stuff which is not at all a good option for breakfast. You can opt for healthier dishes which are delicious as well as beneficial for your body.
Kids usually show tantrums while having food and specially breakfast. They will only consume food if it is appealing to them. So all the yummy mummies, here are some simple recipes for kids. Try out these healthy breakfast recipes and I am sure your little ones will definitely like them.
2 cups frozen raspberries
½ cup non-fat Greek yogurt
1 tbsp chia seeds (optional)
½ cup low-fat milk
Granola, for serving
Toasted coconut flakes, for serving
Let’s get started:
1. Take bananas, frozen raspberries, milk, chia seeds and Greek yogurt in a blender.
2. Blend them to form a smooth puree.
3. Serve the smoothies in a bowl. Top it with granola and toasted coconut flakes. Yummy refreshing berry smoothie is ready to gulp.
2 large eggs
1 tbsp finely chopped dill leaves
1 tbsp finely chopped chives
2 English muffins, toasted
2 slices Cheddar cheese
1 plum tomato, sliced
1. Crack the eggs in a measuring cup.
2. Add dill leaves, chives, a pinch of salt and pepper.
3. Whisk the mixture with a fork to combine well.
4. Divide the mixture in two ramekins bowls.
5. Now microwave on high until cooked through or 30 to 45 seconds.
6. Top the English muffins with the cheese, tomato and egg. And there you go; your egg sandwich is ready in a jiffy.
Cottage Cheese Pancakes With Blueberry Compote
1 cup frozen blueberries
1 tsp fresh lemon juice
2 tbsp granulated sugar
½ cup all-purpose flour
¼ tsp baking powder
1/3 tsp baking soda
½ cup low-fat cottage cheese
¼ cup whole milk
2 large egg whites
1 tsp canola oil
1. Combine the blueberries, lemon juice and 1 tbsp of the sugar in a saucepan and bring to a boil.
2. Reduce the heat and let it cook for 5 to 6 minutes. Set aside.
3. In a medium bowl, whisk the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and 1 tbsp sugar and a pinch of salt.
4. Whisk cottage cheese, milk and egg whites in another bowl.
5. Now add the cottage cheese mixture to the flour mixture and mix it properly.
6. Heat the oil in a large nonstick pan on a medium flame.
7. Drop large spoonfuls of the batter into the skillet and cook until bubbles begin to appear in the center.
8. Flip the pancakes and cook for another minute. Serve the yummy hot pancakes with the blueberry compote.
EGG, SAUSAGE & CHEESE BREAKFAST PUZZLE SANDWICH
1 tbsp milk
2tbsp fully cooked bread sausage crumbles or 1 fully cooked breakfast sausage link or patty, chopped
2 tbsp finely shredded cheddar cheese
1 thin flatbread or 2 mini tortillas
1. Grease two microwave safe bowls with a cooking spray.
2. Add egg and milk and beat until blended smoothly.
3. Now add the sausage.
4. Microwave on high for 30 seconds. Push the cooked edges towards the center. Microwave for about 15 to 45 seconds until the egg is set.
5. Top it with cheese. Place it on a flatbread on fold it over. Cut the center of sandwich. Enjoy the yummy cheesy sandwich.
So these were some simple recipes for kids which are extremely delicious which will make your little ones enjoy their breakfast more than they usually do.