Good question? When you first start dating its important to tell the person youre dating important information about yourself before you get too deep into the relationship. You say, well isnt my name, occupation, hobbies, address and telephone number enough? No, not if youre withholding information from the other person youre dating. The information you need to tell your date may be important to that person in deciding whether or not they want to remain in a relationship with you. Its best to let them know about you right from the start! You dont want this to become a problem for you later on down the line.
If the person youre dating chooses not to continue dating you, then move on to someone else that will deal with you the way you are in a relationship with them. That way, youll both be happier.
So, you want to know what types of things you should let your date know about you, here are some tips and information that may assist you with this:
1) Let your date know that you have children. Most people dont have a problem with their date having children. You may find in most cases that your date may have kids themselves and may not be sure how to approach this subject as well. So why not tell your date! Its good to let your date know early on if you have kids. There are some people that dont want to date someone that has kids. If this is the case with your date, then theyve found out early from you, that you have kids and you can both move on to someone else. Go ahead, get if off your chest, youll feel good that you did!
2) Let your date know if you have a criminal record. Yes, your date should know if youve spent time in jail for a crime youve committed. You say youve done your time, why does my date need to know this information? They need to know because, this may come out in the relationship at a later time when you least expect it, especially if youre on probation! How would you explain to someone youre dating that you need to meet with your parole officer after your date just happened to take a phone message from your probation officer while you were busy in your kitchen cooking a romantic dinner for the both of you. Oops! See how awkward that would be for you! Be up front, let your date know about your criminal history if you have one.
3) If youve got bad credit let your date know about your credit history. If youve been dating for awhile and youre getting serious about each other, let your date know that your credit isnt good. This will eliminate surprises for you and your date if you decide that you want a long term relationship. Your date will know that your credit is not so perfect.
4) Tell your date if youre unable to have children or just dont want to have any kids. Let your date know about this early on when you start dating! If your date wants children, they will have a choice to exit the relationship with you early on. You will also have the same opportunity, because you would have found out that your date wanted children and you do not.
5) Tell your date about any health problems that you may have that would affect your relationship. Its important that you reveal to the person youre dating any health problems you have so they can decide early on if they will be able to handle this as part of your relationship. If they cant, then move on to someone else who does not have a problem with this. Remember, theres always other fish in the sea that will accept you for who you are!
6) Anything else you believe is important for your date to know about you before you get too deep into your relationship!
By providing your date with important information about you, this gives them a choice to determine whether or not theyll continue dating you. More important, youre being honest in the relationship. In addition, it shows that not only do you respect yourself, you take responsibility by being forthright with respecting others rights to make their own choice about whether or not they want to be with you in a long term relationship!