Sometimes, cooking seems to be too tiring. You just don’t feel like cooking and you end up ordering food from hotels. The best way to avoid such a situation is prepare simple recipes which get ready in minutes. I know, it is too confusing to think about such simple recipes. So don’t you worry, I have a few easy food recipes which takes just 20 minutes to be prepared and the cherry on the cake is, they are super delicious.
Sun Dried Tomato Chicken Florentine Pasta
8 ounces pasta
1 tbsp butter
1 lb. chicken, cut into bite sized pieces
1 tbsp all purpose seasoning mix for the chicken
¼ tsp cayenne
1 7-ounce jar sun dried tomatoes, drained
3 cloves garlic
½ cup half and half
1½ cups whole milk
½ cup chicken broth
1½ cups Mozzarella cheese
½ teaspoon salt
2 cups spinach
1. Cook the pasta, drain the excessive water from it and set it aside.
2. Heat the butter in a pan, add chicken and do seasoning. Sauté until the chicken is cooked.
3. Drain the oil from the sun dried tomatoes and chop them into pieces. Add them to pan and sauté them with garlic for few minutes.
4. Now add milk, chicken broth and mozzarella cheese. Stir until the sauce is smooth and the cheese melts.
5. Now add cooked pasta and spinach. Add a little bit of water or broth to thin down the sauce. Your easy cheesy pasta is ready within minutes.
Pasta with Sautéed Peppers, Zucchini, and Smoked Mozzarella
2 tbsp. unsalted butter
1 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
3 small bell peppers, thinly sliced
1 small onion, thinly sliced
Freshly ground black pepper
2 medium zucchini
12 oz. fettuccine pasta
4 oz. smoked mozzarella, grated
1/4 c. fresh basil, torn and more for serving
1. Heat butter and oil in a pan over medium high flame.
2. Add bell peppers and onions and season them with salt and pepper.
3. Cook them for 10 to 12 minutes and keep stirring.
4. Add zucchini and cook until it is crisp.
5. Cook pasta in other pan and reserve the pasta water.
6. Add pasta, mozzarella basil and ½ cup of pasta water to the pepper mixture and mix it well.
7. Season it with salt and pepper if required.
8. Serve it hot with topping of more mozzarella cheese and fresh basil leaves.
Pesto Penne Pasta
2 cups cooked penne
1 tbsp olive oil
1/2 cup diagonally cut zucchini
1 cup capsicum cubes (red , yellow and green)
1/2 cup diagonally cut and blanched baby corn
1/2 cup fresh cream
1/2 cup grated processed cheese
Salt to taste
1/2 cup milk
1 tsp dry red chili flakes (paprika)
1 tsp dried oregano
To Be Blend into a Smooth Pesto (using 2 Tbsp Of Water)
3 cups fresh basil leaves
1/2 cup chopped walnuts
1/4 cup olive oil
1. Heat olive oil in a large pan.
2. Add the zucchini and capsicum and sauté on a medium flame for 2 minutes.
3. Now add the baby corn and sauté on a medium flame for 1 minute.
4. Add the prepared pesto sauce, fresh cream, cheese and salt.
5. Mix well and cook on a medium flame for 1 to 2 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
6. Add the milk, chili flakes and oregano, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 1 to 2 minutes and keep stirring.
7. Add the cooked penne, mix gently and cook on a medium flame for 1 to 2 minutes.
8. Serve hot with a cheese topping and garlic breads.
So these were some simple pasta recipes which get ready in a jiffy. Try out these easy food recipes and I am sure you won’t get bored cooking.